Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Fall is Here

I don't know about you but I am excited for the cooler tempers. Here in Arizona it is still too warm for boots and scarfs but I am hoping by next month we will be able to wear them.

With cooler tempers comes fall makeup. I am excited to be able to wear a darker lip and even eyes. Rebel by MAC is a good lip color to start with and like I have said before any purple eye shadow will work. There are so many choices where to start :)
With Fall here you should make sure you are using a good moisturizer to start with, you don't want to have dry skin. I like Hylunia's Super Moisturizing Facial Day Lotion. You can get this from your aesthetician or at most spas.

It even has some SPF in it and isn't too sticky after application.

Another alternative would be philosophy's Hope in a Jar. It goes on very smooth and it is refreshing to the skin. You can purchase this with or without SPF. This can be purchased at a philosophy store, Sephora or Ulta.

A good face primer (that would be the next step right) would have to depend on your skin type. (I am pretty sure we have gone over this before) I love Too Faced's Primed and Poreless because it has a matte finish. I have oily skin so I am not looking to put something on my face that will make it more oily. There is even a tinted formula. This can be purchased at Sephora or Ulta.
And of course you all know this is coming, Smashbox has a great line of primers. There are just too many of them and if I was going to buy one I would just buy the original formula. I don't want to use the moisturizing one because I already put moisturizer on my skin. I don't want to use the one for spots because most likely I am already doing something for my spots (Skin Scripts has awesome Glycolic and Retinol Pads, check them out). This is very smooth and just glides on the face.

There is Make Up For Ever's HD Primer that I use on every one of client's. I only use HD makeup on my clients because most of them are getting their pictures taken and the cameras now shoot in HD and it only makes since to use HD makeup. I love this primer. It is very soft and just so smooth to the skin. There are also different formulas (colors) to this primer but I think the colorless works best for what I use it for. Sold at Sephora.

Now it is time for the foundation. Foundation just depends on what you are looking for. With the weather changing, it might be time to change your foundation to something that will work best with your skin during the cold months. Plus skin colors change during the colder months since we aren't out in the sun playing as much expect if you are in AZ. For a medium coverage I would use Smashbox HD Healthy FX Foundation and for more cover try their Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Foundation. It is a long wear foundation with more coverage. For more coverage try MAC's Studio Sculpt, it starts with a medium coverage but it is meant to build to a higher coverage when needed.

And now you just have to add your favorite fall colors of wine lip colors and purple eye shadows to be set for fall. Have fun with your makeup!!!

Thanks Beauties
www.pearlsbeauty.net


No comments:

Post a Comment