Saturday, September 15, 2012

Makeup Brushes

Hey Beauties. Sorry it has been a week since I have posted anything. I have been really wanting to put some thought into what I am going to write here for you. I always ask myself what did I want to know before I became a Makeup Artist or what does my family and friends ask me about makeup.

Here is another "Everyone I know will ask me..." Well this one is about makeup brushes. I get asked about what kind of makeup should I use or what is the best makeup to purchase. I love makeup and I do not discriminate against any brands (well I will never say I dislike a certain brand, just because I do not like something doesn't mean someone else doesn't love it). So to answer this question, I don't think you need to purchase the most expensive makeup on the market sometimes the inexpensive makeup will do the job. One thing you do need to invest in is some decent makeup brushes to get a desired look. Makeup brushes are pricey depended on the kind you like. I use MAC and Makeup Forever brushes and I love them. I have a few Smashbox brushes also and they are great as well. However, not everyone can afford to purchase these brushes. Makeup brushes are an investment and it takes time to get a good collection. The best way to think about makeup brushes is that they are the most important part of your makeup collection. They are the tools to give you the look you want. Think about it this way when purchasing makeup brushes, if a worker does not have his tools to build a house then he will have to do it with his bare hands and it will not come out the way he wants it to. That's exactly the same way it is for makeup brushes.

There are affordable makeup brushes out there. I recently went to Target (I am there every other day) to see what they had for affordable makeup brushes and I really liked Sonia Kashuk's makeup brushes. They are cute and colorful. They really caught my eye. They are sold in kits and separately. I purchased the SK Couture Brush Set and the price was very reasonable. I think for 5 brushes it was $14.99. I am always looking for a good blending brush and I can say that this one is comparable to my MAC blending brush. I decided that I liked these brushes so much that I went out a few days later (told you that I am there every other day) to get another set of brushes and this time I got the SK Smokey Eye Brush Set. It is perfect to have in my makeup bag that I carry everywhere I go. The brushes aren't too long and fit perfectly with all of my other stuff (I will have to show you what I carry with me on a daily basic, it is insane).

***Special Tip: Also make sure you wash your makeup brushes weekly with a gentle shampoo. If you don't wash them and you have been breaking out, it could because of the bacteria on your brushes. They get dirty and gross so it is important that you take care of them. They are your investment, your babies. Allow your makeup brushes time to dry and lay them flat. You do not want to get water into the stick of the brushes. You can create mold if you do not lay them flat. 

Thanks Beauties for following!!!!
Pearl

No comments:

Post a Comment